Thursday, February 19, 2009

my old lady

Fifty year ago, what kind of old lady i am? A kindly and friendly old lady or a narrow-minded old woman. Oh, i really not dare to figure it. Maybe you will wonder why i got that idea. I would like to tell you a real story that happen to my (maternal) grandmother.

She is ninety four year old and she treat people very well, especially my family member. She is a backbiter, i know this is just a normal respond from an old people or even young people. But most of the time, what she tell me is just her guesswork and nothing to proved. It been ten years i become her great supporter. Oh my…every time i go visit her, sure she will say: Gie, your uncle and his family member are greedy person, they stole my water bucket and bowls. I will answer: is it truth? You got saw them stole your bucket? Then she will say: no, but i know it must be his's work!

That is the person that my grandma hates the most and he is my grandma’s neighborhood too. I don’t know what exactly happen to them, but i firmly believe that this is a misunderstanding. Last year, i try to prove it by experiment, what i going to do is to hide the bucket in a place and sit quietly, so when my grandma realizes that it was gone. She shouts: my bucket has been stole! It must be your uncle and untie! I answer: maybe we should go find first, it could be in other place! She acts like a child and say: we no need to find, it must be him! Oh my god…what’s a stubborn old lady! I’m tired to ague with her, i go and get the bucket back and then she dumb as a fish.

Start from that day, i don’t believe every complaints that she had make. I know i can’t judge her like that, it is not totally her fault. I still don’t believe that she is a stingy person, maybe it is one of the way she get concern and communicate with other. So when every time i visit her, i just listen quietly and try not to ague with her.

I know she is a very strong woman she can even cook and wash cloths. But sometime, i still worry about her especially after she finishes meal and raining day. My mom got ask her to stay with us but she refuse, because she worry about her son. So i take the responsibility to bring her to traditional medical centre, i know it won’t have any good medicine that can really cure her and i realize that this is one of the stages that every human must go through before come to the end of their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment